Wednesday, June 11, 2008

number one

So I always considered myself fairly technically savvy. But this week I learned that there is more, and the vehicle is the internet. Since my first introduction to the internet, I knew that it would be extremely important to use. I never expected that I would ever be able to write a web page. Go figure. So here comes the explanation to the title of this blog, don't really kill your computer, but it is ok to feel that way, at least that is what I say to justify my own frustrations with learning about technology.

Anyway as I am learning how to become a web author, I see as an invaluable tool for me and for my students. My school does not have a web page yet, so I am using this opportunity to build one. I hope to build a school program where my students will take the responsibility to keep the page current.

Last year, I made a CD with my students and we were reviewed by a local newspaper. One of their criticisms was that there is no website to hear the students' recording. I am glad to say that very soon, it will no longer be a criticism.

No comments: