Tuesday, June 24, 2008

getting better all the time

Well, now that I have had a week and some to fool around with all of these new computer concepts, I have found that there is tremendous freedom of expression using technology. When I was growing up, I was always encouraged to use and explore my folks computer. I remember America Online back when they charged by the minute, and I know I spent way too much time instant messaging. Now, more than sixteen years later, I find myself saying similar things to my students as my parents said to me as a child. Technology is the future, and young people need to be encouraged to embrace and feel comfortable with it. I am excited to now, not only for technology' s sake, that I can encourage my students to stretch their abilities of expression to include the internet and computers.

No comments: